Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Walk in the desert




A few new things are blooming and things are starting to move about in the desert.

Below are a few new wildflowers popping up . I like the contrast of the fragile little flowers against the spiny and tough textured cactus. I think this little yellow is a yellow comet or in the Loasa family. Below that is a Blue Dick. (Dichelostemma...lily family)

Finally, at the end of the hike I caught movement as I descended the hill and caught this guy heading across the path. I called to some hikers ahead of me so they could get a shot too. Tempted though I was to get the ultimate shot, I decided not to get too close. He was pretty big, figured 4 0r 5 years.
He was on a mission and really not interested in me so I just let him pass and enjoyed the moment...

ck.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: